Friday, February 18, 2011

Craft With Us!- Simple Book Binding, March 5th

An example of the books we will be making

In honor of the One by One exhibition the Study Center will be featuring a free bookbinding workshop on Saturday, March 5th. We will be making accordion style books out of vintage road maps, which has already got me daydreaming of fun summer road trips even though it is only Febuary! Our last workshop was an awesome way to spend an afternoon and this workshop promises to be the same!



Happy Crafters at Our Last Event!

The book binding workshop will be offered at 12 and 3 pm, it is free, and materials are provided. Recommended for ages 8 and up. Reserve your space asap by emailing info@craftinamerica.org or calling 310-659-9022. Last minute Saturday RSVPs, call: 323-95-0610. It is sure to be an inspiring afternoon well spent, so come craft with us! 
Your instructors will be Susie & Heidi Bauer, designers of Rock Scissor Paper stationery and creators of the blog, MakeSomethingHappy.com

1 comment:

  1. My whole family attended this workshop at 3pm last Saturday and it was delightful! Although we all enjoyed it, I think that Miles - age 9 - got the most out of it. (I do plan to use what I learned in my own artistic ventures though... it will be really cool to show my work to prospective clients out of a beaded and leather accordion book.)

    As a very talented artist, Miles is always afraid to take classes because the teachers lock him into a box, making him draw what they demand rather than what he wants. Imagine his relief when our teachers confirmed for him that he could draw anything he wanted in his book.

    He has filled his book already with different pictures, but that first night at home with his book was especially poignant. He didn't want me to see what he was doing, but in the end, he finally told me. Instead of drawing, he had written,

    "I love Daddy. I love Mommy. I love Daddy. I love Mommy."

    Thank you all for contributing what you do to all of us!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete